Culinary courses in a brilliant place, on an island which has incorporated three continents in its cuisine, in the oven, in the frying pan, in the casserole. The need to conserve food, imagination, ancient practices, cultural influences from the Venetians and the Ottomans, meat, dairy, legumes, fish, vegetables, herbs, wild artichokes, and ‘hirosfagia’ (pig processing) thyme honey and heather honey, grape must(petimezi), ‘raki’ and wine formed the Tinian Cuisine.
In that culinary workshop you will cook together with local chefs and housewives as well. In restaurants and in traditional houses. You will chop, mix, fry, taste the food to see if it more salt is needed, smell and taste. And then, you will have lunch enjoying the dish you prepared accompanied with wine from the local vineyards. Are you thinking of something more delicious?
In that culinary workshop you will cook together with local chefs as well. . You will chop, mix, fry, and taste the food to see if more salt is needed smell and taste. And then, you will have lunch enjoying the dish you prepared accompanied with wine from the local vineyards. Are you thinking of something more delicious?
11thMay to 21stMay, 8th June to 18th June, 6thJuly to 16thJuly and 28th September to 8thOctober.
Eleven (11) days, ten (10) nights.
The workshop consists of four (4) culinary courses with the chefs Adonis Psaltis and Nektarios Vlachakis, one(1) day of degustation of local cheese and wines, two(2) trips to the vineyards, the deli meat producers and the dairies of the island, one-day-trip to Delos and Mykonos, and one-day-trip to the village Pyrgos, the place of marble and sculpture. The courses last about five hours and they start at 10.00 am. The evenings are free for trips to the villages and swimming. With our escorts you will discover the island and you will watch art and cultural events that take place in the framework of the festivals of Tinos.
1st Day Arrival
2nd Day Trip to the deli meat producers and dairy
3rd Day Trip to the vineyards
4th Day Culinary course
5th Day Culinary course
6th Day Degustation
7th Day Culinary course
8th Day Culinary course
9th Day Trip to Delos and Mykonos
10th Day Trip to Pyrgos
11th Day Departure
He was born in 1977, in Tinos. He studied the culinary art in The University of Macedonia. Then he worked at many restaurants as a chef de partie (Bobus grand central café, Envy, Balthazar, Rock n’ Roll,) and he also worked with the famous Greek Chef Ch. Peskias at the restaurant ’48’. Today he owns a restaurant in Tinos and he creates with a lot of imagination the products of Tinos. He is an active member of the movement ‘Slow Food’ and he is one of the chefs that created TinosFoodpaths. He participates in conferences in Greece and abroad and he has also taken part in a lot of seminars (Pastry, Food Styling and more).
Chef Nektarios Vlachakis cooks and searches the traditional cuisines of the Cyclades to promote the local products and the traditional dishes. He works as a chef in the restaurant Tsampia and he supervises the menu of the restaurant Arodo. He is an active member of the Chefs Club ‘Acropolis’and he writes for the site of ‘ERT’. He is also member of TinosFoodPaths.He has worked in a lot of restaurants during his career.
In price it is included:
- Accommodation in small apartments, traditionally –built, and fully equipped (Villa Ghisi, Vega, Big Blue, Elayio, Anemologio) or in small hotels. A rich breakfast with local products and daily room service are included as well.
- Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in local restaurants and tavernas, in the villages or in Chora. Get ready for some wonderful surprises.
- Cars 4×4, one per 4 travellers (or per two (2) with the relevant charge) will be at your disposal all day round, fuel included.
- Tickets for ships, buses, museums, and archaeological sites.
- The escorts / guides, who will be with you from 9.30 am till the end of the day, speak English and French fluently. They will show you around and they will do their best to make your stay a wonderful experience.
- A partner who speaks your language will meet you at the airport and will accompany you till you get aboard and vice versa.
- The cost starts from 2300 euros.
- Flights are not included.